Original Publication Date
Date of Submission
This is a collection of papers by Teacher researchers in different county public school systems put together by the Metropolitan Educational Research Consortium (MERC). Papers in this report include:
- "Why Do They Hide Their Hands?" by Rebecca Miller and Tracy Pausic of Bailey Bridge Middle School, Chesterfield County Public Schools
- "The Fourth "C" of Motivation - Competition" by Sharon P. Eshler of Cold Harbor Elementary School, Hanover County Public Schools
- "A Study of the Implementation of a Math Buddy Program Between Kindergarten Students and Third Graders In An Attempt to Improve Communication Skills" by Melinda Jenkins and Anne Overman of Lakeside Elementary School, Henrico County Public Schools.
- "The Phases of the Moon and Other Disruptive Phenomena As it Relates to Student Behavior" by Amos Johnson and Ellan Snithwick of Fairfield Middle School, Henrico County Public Schools. Tracey Smallwood of Carter Woodson Middle School, Hopewell City Public Schools.
- "A Study of the Attitudes, Expectations, and Academic Performance of Student Athletes" by Henry Davis and Jim Guthrie of Highland Springs High School, Henrico County Public Schools.
- "How Does Teacher Voice Cadence, Pitch, Music and Movement Affect Student Attention in the Classroom?" by Celeste Jones of Summer Hill School, Richmond City Public Schools.
- "Retention: Beneficial or Detrimental" by Paula H. Dennis of Carter G. Woodson Middle School, Hopewell City Public Schools.
- "Literature Circles - In Search of the Grand Conversation" by Michael Kight and Mary Southward of G. H. Reid Elementary School, Richmond City Public Schools.
- "What Early Predictors Exist for Academic Problems in Fourth Grade?" by Sharon Byman and Karen Hudson of Blackwell Middle School, Richmond City Public Schools.
Is Part Of
VCU MERC Publications