Original Publication Date
Age in Action
Date of Submission
1. Review the impact of chronic disease on population health and health care costs.
2. Describe Chronic Disease Self- Management Education (CDSME) programs.
3. Discuss research findings that demonstrate how the Chronic Disease Self-Management Program addresses the triple aims of better care, better health, and lower costs.
4. Explain how CDSME programs are delivered through the Live Well, Virginia! Network.
5. Highlight initiatives to expand CDSME to new target areas and populations.
Copyright managed by Virginia Center on Aging.
Is Part Of
Case Studies from Age in Action
Holmes, A., Duke, D., & Nussbaum, J. (2017). Living Well with Chronic Health Conditions: Chronic Disease Self-Management Education in Virginia. Age in Action, 32(4), 1-6.