Download Full Text (4.9 MB)
Virginia Commonwealth University
24 pages : illustrations ; 28 cm
The Medical College of Virginia (MCV) grew in size and reputation in the latter half of the twentieth century, amid a time of technological advancements in the medical field and the rise of teaching hospitals. Starting with the opening of the College Infirmary in 1861, this book follows the history of MCV’s hospitals. Also discussed is MCV’s role during the Civil War, contributions to the college, and William T. Sanger’s influence on the school’s growth. The book includes photos of the buildings and a timeline of the hospitals.
Publication date: [1986?]
Hospitals -- Virginia -- Richmond -- History
Richmond (Va.) -- History
Corporate Name Subject
Medical College of Virginia -- History
Medical College of Virginia, MCV, Medical College of Virginia Hospitals
Higher Education | Medical Education
Digital File Type
Photographed with Canon Rebel T6i, 24.2MP, RAW, 14-bit
Date of Submission
This material is protected by copyright, and copyright is held by VCU. You are permitted to use this material in any way that is permitted by copyright. In addition, this material is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 4.0 International license (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/). Acknowledgment of Virginia Commonwealth University Libraries as a source is required.
McGuire, Hunter. 1986. Medical College of Virginia Hospitals: 125 years of health care, 1861-1986. [Richmond, Va.]: [Virginia Commonwealth University].